Monday, April 2, 2012

Walter's Ferry-Owyhee County, Idaho

 The beginning of our family trip at Walter's Ferry, which is on the Snake River at the Canyon and Owyhee County Lines, started off with a cool horse statue made out of horse shoes!
 This sign greets you as you enter onto the nature path.  Some things were really cool to see and other things just looked like creepy pieces of yard sale fodder.
 Fun statue of kids running.  Tommy didn't want to pretend to run, but Ephraim was willing!
 I liked this statue of the girl reading on top of a bunch of books.  Tommy loudly proclaimed that he liked it as well!
I thought the the statue's face was beautiful.

 This looked like something you'd see in a white collar company instead of on a nature walk.  It was cool so I took a picture.
 I really liked this angel!
 Another neat sculpture that is like the Sistine Chapel Ceiling.
 Hokey Rainbow Sculpture on top of the hill.
 The kids loved the Enchanted Garden portion of the nature walk.  They kept saying they had gone into Fablehaven!  I thought it was creepy!
 I almost got Ephraim to believe that there was an actual troll...
 And then Tommy pointed out the real troll underneath the bridge.  Weird...
 This part of the nature walk was actually really awesome!  Where do I find this sculpture because I want it!
 Best part of the nature walk was actually seeing nature!  We caught this deer unawares and were able to snap a few pictures...
 Still doesn't realize I'm taking pictures...
 Once it saw us, it turned tail and ran.
 My favorite author!
 Ephraim obviously had to get his picture taken with the man who invented the nuclear bomb!
 Tommy is very dramatic and so Shakespeare was right up his alley...  Plus there was a human skull there!
 Annie getting cozy with the man who discovered electricity!
 I hope the elephant doesn't charge us!
 I don't understand why this was part of a nature hike.  They must've smoked something weird that day...
 Hand-Carved Stage Coach and Horses!
 It's a sign...  Read it:
 We couldn't understand why they wouldn't allow dogs on the trail until we ran into a large flock of peacocks!
 Tommy trying to capture his next pet.  Thankfully it ran away!

 Annie admiring this beautiful male peacock.  I crossed my fingers that he wouldn't show off his plumage because I didn't want my wife to leave me for a peacock!
 Picture does not do the beautiful colors justice.
 The boys found a broken teeter totter while we had our backs turned.  Thankfully we got them off before anybody was injured!
And finally, Chester and I went fishing on the Snake River.  Chester couldn't figure out why I kept waving a big stick around with a nasty worm at the end, but he stuck by me anyway!

No comments: