Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Dentist

Today was Tommy's 3rd visit to the dentist.  This time I had my teeth cleaned at the same time in the next room over.  Before we left the house, I had him brush his teeth.  He said "we are going to the dentist!  I am SO excited!"  He really was!  We got to the office and they were ready for him first.  He was so proud to be big and going to the dentist all by himself!  I did follow him in to help reign in the enthusiasm a little, but he just jabbered with his hygienist like all was well with the world and hopped up on his seat.  I went next door and settled into my chair and, to be honest, relaxed and didn't worry a thing about him.  Next thing I know his hygienist came over and asked me if it was OK to try to take his X-rays.  She said he was asking questions about the "pictures" and wanted to try it.  I thought that was fine so off she went.  I listened to the arm of the x-ray machine humming into different positions as Tommy mumbled excitedly with the bitewing in his mouth.  Before too long she gave up and told him he would just have to wait until his mouth was bigger.  He didn't care; he loved that she tried!  I was still getting my teeth picked at when the dentist was done seeing Tom, and the hygienist brought me his floss and brush and said "he could not be ANY cuter!"  I was proud of him!  Well, until we got home and he threw a tantrum that his little brother was playing with HIS prize.  KIDS!
See the PEARLY WHITES?  All clean!

No comments: