Monday, November 3, 2008

The funny things parents call exciting news....

We bought a baby bjorn potty chair for Ephraim about a month ago and we've been encouraging him to sit on it whenever he wants to, clothes and all.  He likes to sit on it while big brother is using the bathroom, but there's never been any actual use of it.  Tonight after the boys had their bath he was running around naked while I gathered pajamas and got Tommy out of the tub and in front of the fire to dry off.  When we went back to the bathroom and brushed teeth, I turned around to find pee and a little poo in the potty chair.  I was shocked and didn't really know if I should believe that my little 19-month-old had been the culprit.  So I asked Tommy if he'd used E's potty chair, which he denied.  Well, I know it wasn't the animals so I guess that just leaves the baby!  I pulled the little pan out and showed it to Ephraim and he just stuck his chest out and smiled.  Needless to say Rusty and I made a pretty big deal out of it telling E what an amazing kid he was and clapping.  I still am shocked and amazed!  Wow!  I mean, I know he's no where near potty trained but on his own, no coaching whatsoever, he went #1 AND #2 in the potty!  YAY!  (sorry, no pictures to go along with this post)  ;o)

3 comments:

CShores said...

Well look at you and your little child potty prodigy! What are you trying to do, make the rest of us feel inadequate? Just kiddin'! Yay for little E!

Katie said...

That's so great! Hopefully he'll be potty trained nice and early!

Christine said...

YEA!!! He's ahead of Kayleigh :-)