E before Tommy's Meridian school party, T at his new school party, and both boys goofing off in the store.
October this year was so much more than just Halloween! It started out with Rusty moving to start his new job in Idaho Falls on the 4th. We were very excited for his new position, which he interviewed for and accepted just a couple weeks before he started, but apprehensive about the change.
CHANGE. What a nasty word!
I was able to find a job in Rexburg and agreed to a start date of the 25th before we had found a place to rent. But we just kept having the same feeling over and over again... IT'S ALL GOING TO WORK OUT. And yes, somehow it did work out. We found a place in Rigby the week before my start date, and Rusty was able to come home and be the U-Haul driver. We made it here safely on the 24th and I was off to work the next day (after a little effort and confusion-you think they would have told me they do their education and HR from City Hall).
The new place. Kitchen, front room, and basement living room. It has 4 bedrooms plus and office and a storage room. It's a nice place, but not made for tall people. We routinely hit our heads coming into the basement (where the master suite is).
I am thankful for the selfless service of my ward members who came over to help me pack up my house and then help us pack it into the U-Haul. I am also thankful for my gracious mother-in-law who put her life on hold for two weeks to be my second pair of hands. I'm thankful for Rodney opening his house up to Rusty for a month so we didn't have to pay for a hotel. If it wasn't for the services I received things would have not gone smoothly at all! For one thing, I have no idea how they managed to put everything in the truck so that it all fit and didn't shift or topple! Taking it all out was like dismantling a jigsaw puzzle one piece at a time!
Goodbyes... :,(
But it has been so sad to leave! I miss everything about Meridian except my old master suite and the lack of storage places. I'll admit this house is better for those things.
Other fun October pictures:
![]() |
| Tommy playing soccer. |
| My mom and her beau at their engagement party with two of my moms granddaughters |
| Clockwise from L: Nyah, Amara and April Earl, Ephraim and Tommy. |
| Tommy's first gap-tooth smile since infancy! He pulled it out on his own! |








No comments:
Post a Comment